So today’s post is about The Royal Opera House and it’s student scheme. The Royal Opera House holds a very special place in my heart, I adore it. The grandeur, the finesse and mastery the house creates is enough to make anyone fall in love… and now anyone aged 18-25, or a full-time student, can enjoy it without breaking the bank!
The scheme is free, yes you did hear me correctly, FREE! All you need is an email address to sign up! (Be sure you enter a personal email so they can contact you after your graduate!) In return for signing up to their scheme, you shall unlock all the following offers;
- More than 10,000 dedicated Student tickets
- One complete performance of Billy Budd next Season
- Ten Slips and Standing tickets for every single main-stage performance at face value (usually £4–£9)
- Four dedicated Amphitheatre performances (sometimes five)
- Two tickets for £10 at participating cinemas
- Dedicated booking days for each Booking Season
- Last-minute £10 Student Standby tickets
- Discounts in our bars and reduced-price programmes on Student Amphitheatre evenings
- A price range from £1 to £25 on Student Tickets
I joined this scheme last year and I was lucky enough to get multiple £10 student standby tickets for their main stage show. Die Zauberflöte was my favourite!!
This season the Student Amphitheatre Performances for the 2018/19 Season are:
The Unknown Soldier / Infra / Symphony in C | Monday 26 November 2018, 7.30pm | Booking opens 24 July 2018
Mayerling | Monday 15 October 2018, 7.30pm | Booking opens 24 July 2018
La traviata | Monday 14 January 2019, 7pm | Booking opens 29 October 2018
Katya Kabanova | Monday 18 February 2019, 8pm | Booking opens 29 October 2018
Within the Golden Hour / New Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui / Flight Pattern | Tuesday 21 May 2019, 7.30pm | Booking opens 02 April 2019
These performances start at just £1 per ticket! I’m personally excited for La Traviata after seeing It at ENO earlier this year!
Another benefit of the scheme is the ‘Two Tickets for £10 at the Cinema.’ For those of you who do not live in London, or struggle to travel in central, this could be your forte! All you need to do is;
- On the day of the viewing, Find your local participating cinema; Odeon, Showcase, Vue or Independent.
- Check they are screening Royal Opera House Live Cinema
- Check they still have some tickets left (the £10 Cinema Student Standby is subject to availability)
- Grab a friend (they don’t need to be a student)
- Grab £10
- Turn up in person
- Show your valid Student ID and buy two cinema tickets for £10
- Watch the most amazing performances from the comfort of your home town cinema seats
Want to sign up to unlock amazing offers on Opera&Ballet? If you head over to http://www.roh.org.uk/youngroh , you can sign up for free!
I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you enjoy any shows you see!!